On Saturday March 9th we spent the day still basking in the pride of a successful homemade wine tasting from the night before. By one o’clock our hunger brought us to Wegmans for food items, mint leaves and coconuts. After the sadness of realizing organic coffee was $11.00 finally subsided, we decided to pass on that purchase. With the fridge stocked heavily Meg and I brushed off the lack of french press and became excited for the preplanned frozen treat that was in store.
Items you will need:
- 1/3 cup Organic Almond Milk
- 1 cup Organic Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoonNatural Mint Extract
- Tru Whip Natural Whipped Topping (optional)
- 4 drops Green Food Coloring (optional)
- Alter Eco Mint Chocolate Bar (optional)
- Mint Leaf Garnish (optional)
- Organic Cane Sugar (optional for rim of glass)
1- Prepare rim of glass ahead of time by dipping in water and then in a bowl of green colored sugar. Wait for milkshake.
2- Mix ice cream, milk, extract, and green food coloring in blender. (1/2 a bar of Alter Ego Dark Mint Chocolate for delicious, crunchy affect). Mix until creamy.
3- Pour into glass carefully to avoid ruining the rim
4-Place a few dollops of whip cream in the center.
5-Shave off a fair amount of Alter Ego Dark Mint Chocolate on top of the whip cream.
6-Add mint leaf for garnish.